Ethiopia entry requirement in relation to covid-19 effective 23 September 2020:
- All passengers traveling to Ethiopia MUST present a negative RT PCR test certificate for COVID-19 before boarding a flight. The certificate validity shouldn’t exceed 120 hours on arrival from the date sample is given.
- Children less than or equal to 12 years of age are exempted from the RT PCR test certificate requirement.
- There shall be no COVID-19 test to be done on arrival at Addis Ababa.
- A Rapid diagnostic test (RDT antibody test) will not be accepted for this purpose.
- The above requirement does not apply to transit passengers.
- All Diplomatic and Service (including United Nations and African Union) passport holders, including their immediate families, are advised but not required to have a certificate of negative PCR-COVID-19 test before arrival to Ethiopia. However, anyone (diplomatic and service passport holder including their immediate families) who come to Ethiopia without negative PCR COVID-19 test result, is required to stay in quarantine for fourteen (14) days at home.