Ethiopia Updates Travel Advisory
Africa Union Covid-19 pass now required for Entry and Exit
From June 07/ 2021 all travelers exiting, entering, and transiting through Ethiopia to all destinations should bring digital negative covid-19 test result. the paper certificate shall be unacceptable. Travelers wishing to exit Ethiopia first must visit an authorized laboratory to take an RT PCR Covid 19 test and be issued with trusted travel (TT) codes that can be verified by airlines.
Entry Restrictions to Ethiopia
Ethiopia entry requirement in relation to covid-19 effective 23 September 2020:
- All passengers traveling to Ethiopia MUST present a negative RT PCR test certificate for COVID-19 before boarding a flight. The certificate validity shouldn’t exceed 120 hours on arrival from the date sample is given.
- Children less than or equal to 12 years of age are exempted from the RT PCR test certificate requirement.
- There shall be no COVID-19 test to be done on arrival at Addis Ababa.
- A Rapid diagnostic test (RDT antibody test) will not be accepted for this purpose.
- The above requirement does not apply to transit passengers.
- All Diplomatic and Service (including United Nations and African Union) passport holders, including their immediate families, are advised but not required to have a certificate of negative PCR-COVID-19 test before arrival to Ethiopia. However, anyone (diplomatic and service passport holder including their immediate families) who come to Ethiopia without negative PCR COVID-19 test result, is required to stay in quarantine for fourteen (14) days at home.